Wednesday, April 22, 2009

i've just discovered my third eye

i went to my very first yoga class today. it was pretty fun, the instructor was very in touch with her spiritual side. it was kinda funny, we had to picture someone we loved and focus on them and send them good vibes, and then dedicated our practice to the earth. then when we actually started doing the poses it was intense! its called 'power yoga' for a reason! i don't have a lot of muscle strength apparently, it was good though, it felt good to stretch and relax a little. at the end of the hard stuff we did cool down kind of poses and we focused our energy on our third eye. and all this time i thought i only had two. i'm not sure how having three would benefit you at all, unless it could look in a different direction of your original two. i'll look into it. anyway i'm going again tomorrow, as silly as some of it was, i really liked doing the actual poses. and happy earth day!

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl,
    Sorry for this RANDOM comment but I noticed that you are a follower of Delightful Dots and wanted to let you know about another site you might like as well! They are similar in style to DD! Check them out and see what you think!

    www.scrappinblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corina, i dont know how much i like yoga, but then maybe i have never done it. Good for you for trying it i am kinda intimidated by it.
    It started raining this morning here and hasnt stopped all day, we like it though(especially the thunder and lightning! Love you girl hope the weather is nicer there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Corina, I am sure you don't remember me, I met you once at BYU-I...I am one of Cory's friends from Kansas. I am not sure how I found your blog (I kind of got lost in the "blogger world") but I was really excited when I found it!!! Are you guys still in NYC...we live in CT and my husband works in the city. If you guys are still here we should get together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured you guys had left, its too bad! My mom called like a week later to tell me that Cory had met one of her really good friends in your NYC ward.

    My husband works in the South Chrysler building (right by Grand Central). He commutes on the train from Stamford (where we live) and it takes about 40 minutes.

    We absolutely LOVE Connecticut...its close enough to the city for a easy commute, but is SOOOO much cheaper than living in the actual city. It's also alot greener and has a smaller town feeling (depending on where you live). There is always something to do!

    We also LOVE LOVE LOVE our ward! A lot of the people are "transplants" from the West Coast and far away from family, so the ward is really close and welcoming.

    Wow, I just wrote a novel selling CT to you guys. Sorry...it just gets me all excited thinking about you guys coming out here!!! If you need anything, please let me know. It might be easier to email me at lindseywstokes@gmail.com

    We would love to help in anyway you need! Even if you need a place to stay for awhile to get settled, we love company. I am also currently dealing with a strange addiction to trying to find good deals on housing, so that could come in handy : )

    ReplyDelete