Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ferdinand

Remember the mouse that lives under my couch? I've been pretty paranoid about the stupid thing since I saw it last week, leaving stuff out to see if it eats it, keeping an eye out for mouse poo, anything that might solidify that it actually lives here and wasn't just dropping by for a visit. I didn't see it for a long time since the first time so I kinda started to give up on it when yesterday out of my subconscious mind I thought I saw a mouse in the corner of my eye, and it turned out to be nothing. Which made me start wondering if I had really seen a mouse to start with.. but I was pretty sure that I had. And then today it happened again. I was sitting here on the couch and the nasty little rat ran out from under the couch and the second I jumped it went right back under it. What could it possibly be surviving on under there and why does it have to live in MY apartment? I don't really like killing things, I feel kind of guilty when I kill bugs, but it must be done. After I finish my homework I am going to have to go buy a mouse trap and set it under the couch. The worst part about it is that I have started calling the mouse Ferdinand, which makes it hard to think about killing it. And then the fact that our apartment is so small that I will know the exact moment I've got him because I'll be able to hear the crack of the trap as it snaps his little neck. Why am I being such a girl about this? Ugh, it must be done.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck!!!!! Corina....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I hate mice so much, you must get out or I will just die.....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! So, anyway that was maybe a little bit of an over-reaction, but I HATE MICE! You are like the super heroins of super heroins, I probably could never sleep, sit, or think again in that apartment without thinking about it. Wow, so anyway if you want to catch the little bugger put some jiff peanut butter on the trap(non crunchy) this advice comes from an ex-orkin man(pretty reliable). Corina, on second thoughts maybe this is a gift or a friend rather from someone who knows you need a little ferdinand, something to think about. OR really kill it, foreal KILL IT!!! Love you girl good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily you make me laugh! I have some all natural peanut butter.. crunchy on the traps.. but that doesn't seem to be working. hmmm.. you're orkin man might be on to something. I'll have to get the more palatable pb tomorrow. although i would like a friend here in NY, i don't think i'm that desparate.. even though i did name it.

    ReplyDelete