Tuesday, February 10, 2009

oh what to do?!

I recently discovered something about the apartment building that I live in. Emily will probably find this more disturbing than anyone else, well Mom might think its bad too. But remember the bamboo sticks that make noise at night from the asian sex torture someone is performing in my building? Well it came to my attention today that it is not hooker asians making the noise, it is little mice that live in the floor boards. Shocking, I know. There are so many of them that together they make creaking noises when they all run rampant in large groups pillaging the apartment building for food. I was minding my own business today watching 5 episodes of 30Rock in a row when a furry grey mouse that could have been cute but under the circumstances hideously horrid rodent ran out onto the rug from under the chair and a 1/2 that I was perched on. Shocked that this throne that I have spent the last 3 weeks lounging, and the hide-a-bed that my mom slept on for a week is the very same hiding place for this little rodent! Eewwwrrrrgggggrrrraaaaaahhh!! So what did I do? Well, I meant to scream but what came out sounded more like a groan-squeal-gasp-suck-in-air-close-my-eyes-I-can't-believe-
what-I-just-saw-take-a-deep-breath-get-a-grip-it's-only-a-mouse-you-
pansy-what's-the-super's-number-?-get-off-the-couch-get-off-the-couch -GET-OFF-THE-COUCH!-!-!-!...whimper.... and the little thing darted back to where it came from before I could get my body to respond to my thoughts. Then I had to make sure it hadn't chewed its way through my new shoes because murphy's law would agree that the only logical thing for the mouse to chew on would be my new shoes and nothing else. I was able to make a heroic effort to cross the floor to the closet and verify the safety of my shoes. But now I have to figure out how to kill it. Any suggestion? And how could I honestly not know that there are mice in here when I've been home by myself for 3 weeks now? I'm so disgusted!

2 comments:

  1. You getting a blog is the single most best thing that has ever happened to the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I hate mice! Good luck getting rid of it. I'm so excited to see you have a blog too! How've ya been? Ken, Landon, and I are great, and we're having another baby in April! Life is pretty good. I'm glad to know I can keep up with your life now. I've missed ya!

    ReplyDelete